What foods strengthen hair
What foods strengthen hair? Hair is not just an aesthetic part of the human body, but is a living material that also suffers and benefits from the state of health of the body. Here the importance of a healthy and balanced diet.
The diet should include plenty of fruits and vegetables, nuts, wheat germ, legumes, oatmeal, brown rice, ginger, etc. And conversely, minimize the consumption of animal fats, refined flours, bakery products, fried foods, sugars, etc… It is important to avoid lightning unbalanced dieting and you have to drink plenty of water because the hair also needs hydration.
Among the major nutrients and vitamins needed to maintain healthy hair, we find the following.
Foods that help the hair
- Lack of protein causes a straight hair, depigmented, easy to start and dull.
- Protein sources: These can be found in meat, fish, eggs or dairy.
Zinc for hair:
- A zinc deficiency decreases both the length and thickness of hair growth. This loses brightness and becomes brittle.
- Sources of zinc: is present in whole grains, brewer’s yeast, sesame seeds, beans, etc.
- Iron deficiency is a common cause of weak and fragile hair and the hair loss. Women should pay special attention to a possible deficiency of this mineral.
- Sources of Iron: Found in meat, fish, shellfish, legumes, green leafy vegetables or nuts.
- Sulfur is essential in the synthesis of keratin and also has an anti seborrheic.
- Sources of sulfur are present in protein foods.
- Iodine is actively involved in hair growth and endurance.
- Sources of iodine can be obtained by eating algae, fish, shellfish and iodized salt.
Magnesium to the hair:
- Magnesium is highly effective in fragile hair and the treatment of premature baldness.
- Sources of Magnesium: The main sources include nuts, dried fruits, whole grains, legumes and green leafy vegetables.
- Calcium provides good consistency to the hair.
- Sources of calcium: abundant, especially in milk and dairy products, but also in nuts, legumes and green leafy vegetables.
Vitamin B2 or riboflavin hair:
- The B2 exerts a Hair Loss and acts against seborrhea.
- Sources of Vitamin B2 or riboflavin: Its sources are meat, dairy, grains, yeast and green leafy vegetables.
Vitamin B3 or niacin for hair:
- The B3 is involved in the synthesis of keratin.
- Sources of Vitamin B3 or niacin: In meat, offal, milk, eggs, whole grains, yeast and legumes.
Vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid for hair:
- The B5 has a major role in hair growth and overall health of skin and nails.
- Sources of Vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid: Found in organ meats, mushrooms, avocado, broccoli and egg yolk.
Essential fatty acids (linoleic and linolenic acids) hair:
- An inadequate supply of them is related to hair kept falling.
- Sources of essential fatty acids: Found in seed oils (sunflower, corn, soybeans, etc.) Fatty nuts, whole grains, soy, cod liver oil, etc.
- Silicon is essential for hair and nails.
- Sources of Silicon: Whole grains, coffee and beer are the main food sources.
- In cases of hair loss can also be applied topically.
Back to What foods strengthen hair