Sooner or later we’ll all end up with gray hair at any time since the loss of melanin – the pigment that gives hair its color – is a normal and natural aging. However, did you know that you can prevent gray hair? Did you know that we are late to appear?
Everything depends on our lifestyle. Therefore, we show you 10 tips to prevent gray hair. Make your hair stay younger longer.
2. Do not smoke. Smoking brings a lot of negative health effects from every point of view, including our appearance. It is scientifically proven that smoking causes premature aging of skin and hair because it reduces blood circulation and oxygenation of our cells.
3. Stay hydrated. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. Avoid excessive consumption of coffee, and try to eliminate the intake of alcohol, as these drinks encourage dehydration. Good hydration provides essential nutrients to the hair, which keeps you healthy, attractive young longer.
4. Eat foods rich in copper. Like spinach, beans, turnips, meat, berries, pineapples, pomegranates, pumpkin seeds and almonds. They say the early onset of gray hair is sometimes due to lack of copper in our diet.
5. Consume foods rich in iodine. This is another important nutrient for hair health. You find it in carrots and spinach.
6. Consume foods rich in protein. Proteins are essential for the state of your skin and hair. Try to eat lean meats like chicken and turkey.
7. Consume foods rich in vitamin B12. Lack of this vitamin can lead to early onset of gray hair, so include them in your food if you want to avoid. It is present in foods such as fish, eggs, cheese and bananas.
8. Sleep well. Have a good rest every night helps us to have more energy and avoid stress. This will undoubtedly help you relax. (Remember what I said in point 1!)
9. Improves circulation. Good circulation is keys to preventing gray hair. You can do this by exercising regularly, along with massages with your fingers on the scalp from 5 to 10 minutes to ensure proper blood flow to your hair.
10. Chinese herbs. They say that the Fo-ti, an herb native to China, helping to restore hair color.
Back to 10 tips to prevent gray hair