Hello everyone! New Beginnings 2010 here. Just wanted to keep the site up to date while LeAnne is busy with her hectic schedule, so I decided to leave you with a post about the positives of being relaxer-free!
This is the time I normally get a relaxer (around 10 weeks) and I’ve been thinking about all of the good things that NOT relaxing does for me so that I can stay positive while transitioning. Here’s a list:
* Oh my gosh, I can brush my edges and not worry about burning (not TOO much brushing because that will leave me with NO edges, lol)!
* Similar to the previous reason, I can give a lil scratch with no worries!
* Frizz? Not as serious as it would be with relaxed hair. I prefer a big bushy frizzy fro to a stringy, frizzy, relaxed mess
* I get to see and feel the natural texture I was born with – When I first started stretching my relaxers, I realized how fascinated I was with my natural texture. Now I get to feel it grow and change as it gets longer. It’s exciting!
* No more chemicals! I have heard and experienced way too many horror stories about the dangers of sodium hydroxide, and I’m glad to get it out of my life!
* No more flaky mess! I’ve heard a lot of people say that after they gave up the creamy crack, their scalp problems magically disappeared! I hope I’m one of those people, too!
* I can wash when I want! I’ll be washing 2 times a week, but with a relaxer, I didn’t mind waiting 10 – 12 days to preserve my look and avoid burning myself with a flat iron!
* I’ll be able to make a wavy bun! I can’t wait to see those waves coming in!
That’s all I can think of right now. Feel free to leave other positives about not relaxing as comments! LeAnne will be back soon with your natural living and fashion updates!